Post doc on Integration of 2D materials for photonics – (24000002)
Project: Graph-X (GRAphene PHotonic frequency mixer) aims at the development of a novel hardware platform based on graphene photonic integrated circuits for ultra-high speed and scalable sub-THz D- (110-170 GHz) and H-band (170-240 GHz) wireless links. The proposed technology will be the basic building block for high-speed radio back haul links, multi beam forming antennas for massive MIMO, short distance high resolution RADAR sensing. https://www.graph-x-project.eu/
Commitment & contract: Post Doc collaboration contract
Location: Pisa CNI@NEST
WHO WE ARE
At IIT we work enthusiastically to develop human-centered Science and Technology to tackle some of the most pressing societal challenges of our times and transfer these technologies to the production system and society. Our Genoa headquarter is strictly inter-connected with our 11 centres around Italy and two outer-stations based in the US for a truly interdisciplinary experience.
You’d be working in a multicultural and multi-disciplinary group, where physicists, chemists, surface scientists, electrical and biomedical engineers collaborate, each with their own expertise, to carry out common research in tight collaboration with industrial partners.
The “2D Materials Engineering” Research Line is coordinated by Dr. Camilla Coletti, Principal Investigator who has extensive experience in 2D materials, surface science, chemical vapor deposition and photonics.
The mission of 2D Materials Engineering is to synthesize, investigate, and tailor two-dimensional materials and their heterostructures with the goal of enabling next generation photonic, electronic, biomedical and quantum devices. To this end, we cover the whole path: from the design of novel materials, displaying unprecedent electronic, optical, and magnetic properties, to their implementation in real-world applications and industrial production lines.
- To target the scalable encapsulation of 2d materials with novel approaches.
- To develop scalable thin film dielectrics via synthetic techniques (such as ALD).
- To study the electronic properties of the resulting materials and devices via multiple experimental techniques (examples are – but not limited to – electrical transport measurements, angle resolved photoemission spectroscopy, Raman spectroscopy).
WHAT WOULD MAKE YOU SHINE
- Eligible applicants must have a Ph.D. in Physics, Chemistry, Material Science, Electrical Engineering, Materials Engineering, or related fields.
- Previous experience in 2D materials (synthesis, processing, and characterization) will be highly valued.
- Excellent English communication skills, creativity and marked enthusiasm for research are mandatory.
- Experience on synthesis and processing of 2D materials
- Cleanroom experience
- Good communication skills
- Strong problem-solving attitude
- High motivation to learn
- Spirit of innovation and creativity
- Good in time and priority management
- Ability to work in a challenging and international environment
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a highly interdisciplinary environment
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Competitive salary package for international standards
- Private health care coverage
- Wide range of staff discounts
- Flexible working time
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- An equal, inclusive, and multicultural environment ready to welcome you with open arms.
- We like contamination and encourage you to mingle and discover what other people are up to in our labs!
- If you are a start upper or a business-minded person, you will find some exceptionally gifted professionals ready to nurture and guide your attitude and aspirations.
- If you want your work to have a real impact, in IIT you will find an innovative and stimulating culture that drives our mission to contribute to the improvement and well-being of society!
- We stick to our values! Integrity, courage, societal responsibility, and inclusivity are the values we believe in! They define us and our actions in our everyday life. They guide us to accomplish IIT mission!
If you feel this tickles your appetite for change, do not hesitate and apply!
Please submit your application using the online form and including a detailed CV, cover letter (outlining motivation, experience and qualifications) and contact details of 2 references.
To apply, please click the link below:
Application’s deadline: 31st January
We inform you that the information you provide will be used solely for the purposes of evaluating and selecting professional profiles in order to meet the requirements of Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia.
Your data will be processed by Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia, based in Genoa, Via Morego 30, acting as Data Controller, in compliance with the rules on protection of personal data, including those related to data security.
Please also note that, pursuant to articles 15 et. seq. of European Regulation no. 679/2016 (General Data Protection Regulation), you may exercise your rights at any time by contacting the Data Protection Officer (phone Tel: +39 010 28961 – email: email@example.com ).